Rig Exploit Kit via EiTest campaign from 188.8.131.52 delivers Mole ransomware
- Today I captured traffic from the Rig Exploit Kit (EK) which delivered Mole ransomware via the EITEST campaign.
- Files on the infected host were encrypted and the file extensions were changed to .MOLE
I have added a zipped pcap file for your analysis. The password for the zipped pcap is infected all lowercase.
PCAP file of the infection traffic:
ASSOCIATED DOMAINS AND IP ADDRESSES:
- cedar.igrooveweb.com – COMPROMISED SITE
- 184.108.40.206 – set.tilleystudio.com – RIG EK LANDING PAGE
- 220.127.116.11 – POST /scripts/jquery-color/info-static.php – MOLE C2
WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH MOLE RANSOMWARE:
IMAGES AND DETAILS OF INFECTION CHAIN:
Shown above: Injected script found on index page of compromised site associated with the EiTest campaign which redirects visitors to the Rig EK landing page – Web page source code can be found by right clicking on web page and selecting “View source”
MALICIOUS PAYLOAD ASSOCIATED WITH RIG EXPLOIT: