Rig Exploit Kit via EiTest delivers DreamBot, Tor Client and Ursnif variant
- Today I captured traffic from the Rig Exploit Kit (EK) which delivered a loader identified as possibly DreamBot via the EITEST campaign.
- The loader then downloaded the Tor client and a Ursnif variant.
I have added a zipped pcap file for your analysis. The password for the zipped pcap is infected all lowercase.
PCAP file of the infection traffic:
ASSOCIATED DOMAINS AND IP ADDRESSES:
- outdooraddictx.com – COMPROMISED SITE
- 220.127.116.11 – math.preliminaryam.top – RIG EK LANDING PAGE
- 18.104.22.168 – GET /images/ – POST INFECTION TRAFFIC
- 22.214.171.124 – GET /tor/t64.dll – TOR CLIENT DOWNLOAD
- 126.96.36.199 – curlmyip.net – IP ADDRESS CHECK
- 188.8.131.52 – spamhaus.org GET /images/XY3782IER/ – POST INFECT TRAFFIC
- 184.108.40.206 – www.spamhaus.org GET /images/XY3782IER/ – POST INFECT TRAFFIC
IMAGES AND DETAILS OF ORIGINAL INFECTION CHAIN:
Shown above: Obfuscated injected script found on index page of compromised site associated with the EiTest campaign which redirects visitors to the Rig EK landing page – Web page source code can be found by right clicking on web page and selecting “View source”
MALICIOUS PAYLOAD ASSOCIATED WITH RIG EXPLOIT: