Rig Exploit Kit via EiTest delivers LATENTBOT
- Today I captured traffic from the Rig Exploit Kit (EK) which delivered LATENTBOT malware via the EITEST campaign.
- More information about LATENTBOT can be read in a FireEye.com blog post LATENTBOT: Trace Me If You Can .
I have added a zipped pcap file for your analysis. The password for the zipped pcap is infected all lowercase.
PCAP file of the infection traffic:
ASSOCIATED DOMAINS AND IP ADDRESSES:
- whitaker-detail.com – COMPROMISED SITE
- 22.214.171.124 – yr9rl.di8dzlz.top – RIG EK LANDING PAGE
- 126.96.36.199 Port 80- GET / – POST INFECTION TRAFFIC
- 188.8.131.52 Port 443 and 1080 – POST INFECTION TRAFFIC
- 184.108.40.206 Port 80 – PUT /UPLOAD? – POST INFECTION TRAFFIC
IMAGES AND DETAILS OF INFECTION CHAIN:
Shown above: Injected script found on index page of compromised site associated with the EiTest campaign which redirects visitors to the Rig EK landing page – Web page source code can be found by right clicking on web page and selecting “View source”
MALICIOUS PAYLOAD ASSOCIATED WITH RIG EXPLOIT: