Neutrino Exploit Kit via EITEST 126.96.36.199 delivers CrypMic Ransomware
- Today I captured traffic from the latest version of CrypMic ransomware. The ransomware was delivered via the EITEST campaign.
- I first saw the EITEST campaign sending CrypMic Ransomware on July 28th, 2016.
- Some background on the EITEST campaign can be found in a Palo Alto Networks blog post How the EITest Campaign’s Path to Angler EK Evolved Over Time.
- CrypMic continues to send its ransom notes over SSL port 443 in clear text.
I have added a zipped pcap file for your analysis. The password is the usual used by malware researchers. If you do not know it please email me.
PCAP file of the infection traffic:
ASSOCIATED DOMAINS AND IP ADDRESSES:
- 188.8.131.52 – botuky.xyz – EITEST GATE
- 184.108.40.206 – rateaided-causidical.olympiaboxing.co.uk – Neutrino EK
- 220.127.116.11 – Port 443 – C2 Check-In – POST INFECTION TRAFFIC
ASSOCIATED DOMAINS FOR RANSOM PAYMENT:
IMAGES AND DETAILS OF INFECTION CHAIN:
MALICIOUS PAYLOAD ASSOCIATED WITH NEUTRINO EXPLOIT: